Sep 21, 2008

Somebody Stop Me!

Repeat after me. I must not edit. I must not edit. I must not edit.

I can’t help it. I have to edit, at least a little bit to get started each day. But it takes an extreme act of will power to stop at just a little bit. ‘Cause I know if I keep going I’ll just start editing the whole thing over and over again and progress will grind to a halt.

Note books. I need more notebooks. Dollarama has 4-packs of little composition books that would be just perfect for editing notes.

Of course, notebooks can become lost. So I really should make the notes on the computer. But that would lead to actual editing and I must not edit.

It’s a vicious cycle.

Fortunately, the ideas for Magic are still coming fast and furious so it’s only when I pause (like now) that the urge to edit rears its ugly head. This is what I get for taking a break.

I’ll post today’s word count tomorrow because I’m still working on today’s edits . . . I mean words!

No comments: