Sep 17, 2008

Still Going

Today wasn’t my best, words-wise, but it was still respectable. 2700 words on Magic and a couple of hundred on Changeling. I blame this on Christine Feehan. I picked up a copy of her latest Drake Sisters novel, Turbulent Sea, and couldn’t seem to put it down. I’m going to have to learn to either pace myself or stop reading books that I can’t put down.

Of course it didn’t help that twice last night as I was trying to fall asleep I had to turn on the lights to write down plot points that came to me out of the blue. One was for Changeling, the other for Magic. What can I say, my mind isn’t what it used to be and my memory has never been the greatest. But this meant another late night. The really sad part is, I never even got around to using the idea I had for Magic. That’s not to say I won’t tomorrow, but still.

My good friend told me that I needed to rediscover my joy in writing, and I think Magic has allowed me to do just that. I’m having a lot of fun writing this. The ideas just keep coming, and when I pause all I can think about is things I need to add or re-do when I edit it. Since I already have the ending finished, I decided today I need to get working on the beginning. So now I seem to be working on both ends and at some point I guess I’ll meet in the middle.

This should be interesting.

No comments: