Sep 16, 2008

Three-Pete

Yes, for the third day in a row I have made writing progress. Be still my heart.

Admittedly, the progress is not as good as it could have been, but part of that is my fault and part of it is extenuating circumstances.

It was definitely my fault that I stayed up late reading last night. I wasn’t wearing my glasses so I couldn’t see the clock on the VCR. I swear I had no idea it was 3 a.m. Which of course meant I was off to a late start this morning.

The first extenuating circumstance occurred just as I opened up the Magic file - my sister called. Let’s face it, you can’t write hot, steamy sex when you’re talking to your older sister. She’s going through grandchildren withdrawl and needed to talk - for over an hour, long-distance. Glad I don’t have her phone bills.

The second extenuating circumstance occurred just when I thought it was safe to start typing - I realized I was almost late for a coffee date downtown. I made this date yesterday, thinking I’d have the whole morning for writing. A little more than two hours later I was back home . . . in time to start thinking about what to make for supper.

I did some minor editing between interruptions, but only added about 1500 new words. Good thing tonight was a slow night for television.

Oh, please note that I have not updated the zokutou bar this time. Frankly, it’s a pain in the butt to have to do it every day. So I’ve decided to update it once a week - on Fridays. Stop by and be amazed at my progress. :-)

No comments: