Nov 21, 2008

Nano, Day 20 and 21

I am becoming more focused on my writing than I’ve ever been before. It’s a strange, yet good feeling. Even when sitting with my lap top in front of the T.V. I keep adding a sentence or two at a time, slow but steady progress.

When I get to the bottom of a page I check my word count and I always think “I’ll just keep going to the next thousand and then I’ll take a break” and by the time I reach that thousand I’m in the middle of a scene and then I don’t want to take a break until I finish that scene.

Yesterday’s words came in dribs and drabs, but I kept at it despite the fact I’m back to feeling sick again. There’s nothing more distracting than your intestinal tract writhing inside you when you’re trying to write. However, I persevered and ended my day about 2,000 words ahead.

Today my goal is to break the 40K mark. Already I’m further into this book than I’ve been ever been with any of my other attempts at novels. It’s a good feeling.

No comments: