Nov 29, 2008

Nano, Day 28 & 29

I actually passed the 50K mark late Thursday night, so I’ve really been a Nano winner for a couple of days now. :-)

Yesterday I started plugging up some of the plot holes and added another 1500 words, and I’ve got more holes to fill. Not sure how long this novel is going to be, but I’m going to keep at it until it’s done. Then, while I’m in the process of editing it, I’ll start working on something else.

Today I logged onto the NaNoWriMo site and validated my word count, which entitled me to download a couple of spiffy icons and print off a certificate which I will hang on my office wall as soon as I get a frame for it.

I’m actually sorry Nano’s done, but I’ve learned a lot about myself and my writing habits and I’d like to think I’ll keep going. They say it only takes 14 days for something to become a habit, so that means the habit must be doubly set in after 30 days. Which means, I have no excuse for not writing 2,000 words a day.

Maybe I’ll just have to pretend that every day is a Nano day.

1 comment: