Nov 7, 2008

Nano Day 7

I was up until 3 a.m. again last night, but at least this time I made my word count. Today I been plugging away at it, but I’m still short by about 500 words. I’m hoping to get them done this evening.

I’ve noticed for a lot of Nanoers (Nanites?) that they tend to have low word counts during the week, but make up for it over the weekend. I have just the opposite problem. I can keep up the steady word count during the week, but the weekend is when I usually start to fall off.

I know why this is. Week nights, the hubby bowls two nights and goes back to the office the other two. But the weekend he’s hanging around the house a lot. He just doesn’t understand that even if I’m sitting here staring at the computer screen that he shouldn’t interrupt me unless the house is on fire.

I love you but I do not need to know who’s winning the car race or the hockey game, nor do I care about what happened at bowling this morning. You’ve just derailed my train of thought, for the twelfth time, and the track that train runs on is very fragile indeed.

Nano is turning me into a night owl. I’m starting to have a real problem getting creative until after the sun goes down, and the last couple of nights my optimum writing time has been between 12 a.m. and 3 a.m.

Maybe it has something to do with the B12 I've been taking. I've been taking them with breakfast but maybe I should take them with supper instead. Then the burst of energy I've been getting in the wee small hours of the morning will be at a more reasonable time of day.

Hey, at this point I'm willing to try anything!

No comments: