Nov 5, 2008

Under Pressure

Never underestimate the power of peer pressure. Last night I participated in not one, but two half hour word wars on AW and I not only caught up to my word count, I exceeded it.

I have also discovered that my optimum writing time appears to be after dark. These last couple of nights I’ve been using the lap top in front of the television, and I’ve actually made better progress than I do during the day.

This is a good thing, really. Eventually I’ll be going back to school, and if not then I’ll be going back to work, which means I’ll be busy during the day and will only be able to write during the evenings. Might as well get into the habit now.

Only five days into Nano and I’m already worrying about running out of story before I run out of words. Oh, well. As I said to a friend this morning if that happens I can always just start adding sex scenes and turn my space/adventure/romance into an erotic/space/adventure/romance. ;-)

No comments: