Dec 13, 2008

Make It Stop!

God help me, I had another idea.

What I think is actually going on is it’s a plot by my Inner Editor to get me editing before I finish my first draft.

As I mentioned before, I added a section to the beginning but I wasn’t happy with the way it turned out. It goes on for a few pages, and then skips to my original beginning. Now I’m starting to wonder if I should keep the original beginning and incorporate the new part as flash backs as he regains his memory later on. Which, of course, would require editing.

And this isn’t even the worst part. The worst part is I’ve already got an idea starting to rear it’s ugly head for January (when I’ll be doing the unofficial Nano over at AW). Wouldn’t you know, it’s another space idea.

I don’t know where all these space/adventure/romance ideas are coming from. Maybe it’s my subconscious taking me back to when I started writing and my first love was science fiction. Seriously, I always thought I’d end up being a science fiction writer, that’s what I was interested in. Then I started focusing on fantasy, and finally romance.

However, looking back I see that the science fiction I enjoyed the most was Edgar Rice Burroughs, C.L. Moore, H. Rider Haggard and the more romantic Sci Fi writers. So, I guess maybe, in it’s own way, it does make sense.

This doesn’t mean I’ll be abandoning my paranormal or fantasy romance writing in favor of more science fiction based romance. It just means I’ll have to start writing faster to use up all these ideas.