May 28, 2009

My Oasis

Okay, this post is totally Ben Solah's fault. (Just kidding Ben!) He started a really cool thread over on AW inviting everyone to post a picture of their writing space. A great number of people have also been posting their pictures on their websites and blogs and who am I to buck the trend? :-)

First, we have the view from in front of the desk (just click on it for a bigger version). Yes, there's two computers (lap top and desk top) and two printers (inkjet sorta above the back of the chair, and color laser in the back of the closet). The plastic bin in the back left corner of the closet? That's the one the cats take turns sleeping in. It used to hold my Christmas wrapping paper. And yes, this is the cleaned up version of my office. Just in case you were wondering.




And this is the view from behind my desk. Doesn't the book case under the window look nice? And the books are all alphabetized, too. You can just see the edge of the new bookcase on the far left, one of three identical ones if you remember from the floor plan in a previous post.





That's pretty much it. If I had a camera of my own I might have taken another couple of shots from behind the desk so you could see the entire scope of books I have in here. But I was using a borrowed camera so I didn't really check the pictures after I took them.

I don't know if you can tell from the pictures, but the desk is built to fit into a corner. Originally it had a hutch on top and the only way it really worked had me sitting with my back to the window. This drove me nuts. I just couldn't create with my back to the window. So I ripped the hutch off and rearranged things the way you see them here. This is my oasis of peace and calm and creativity.

2 comments:

Benjamin Solah said...

I proudly take the blame :D

Your desk looks great and I love the bookshelf.

I'm thinking I need to post multiple photos on my blog too now.

C R Ward said...

LOL See what you started?