Jun 15, 2009

Brand New Week

Let’s get the goal thing out of the way, right off the top. Last week’s goals were Page-A-Day, settle on a Summer Challenge story, and work on my poetry. Well, I managed the page a day, thought about the Summer Challenge, and attempted to work on my poetry.

To be honest, the biggest chunk of my time was taken up with school work. Missing Monday meant I missed a whole chapter and it took me the whole week to catch up because we’re pretty much doing a chapter a day. However, I think I’ve got everything under control now and I’m even sort of understanding what I’m doing. ;-)

This week’s writing goals: continue with my page a day; pick the idea for my summer challenge; and write the poem for my poemwork that was assigned by the local poetry group. We meet once a month for a private reading, and once a month for a public reading. Each month someone chooses a poetry prompt from a “bouquet” of paper flowers. Last month’s challenge was: Take any 3-5 consecutive lines from the index of Bartlett's Famous Quotations. Filling in the gaps with your imagination, expand on the thoughts and feelings you glimpse between the lines to compose your poem.

I also have a couple of non-writing goals for this week. The daughter’s wedding is in - holy cow! three weeks! I still have four more centerpiece cloths to embroider and I need to get my mother-of-the-bride outfit sewn up.

And if you haven’t been checking out my every day blog, I also have a cat that’s home on temporary leave from the vet. We noticed she was losing weight and was pretty lethargic - she’s a small cat to begin with and she’s normally the most active - so we had the vet check her out. It turned out her kidneys had shut down. Two weeks and $700 later, the vet okayed her to come home for the weekend. They were having to force feed her because she has to have special food and if you look in the dictionary under finicky, you’ll see her picture.

So, added to my daily routine is shoving a capsule down Panda’s throat twice a day and force-feeding her an entire can of food every day. I don’t know which of us hates this more, her or me. And even if she does all right at home, she still needs to go to the vet’s a couple of times a week so they can stick an intravenous into her and pump her full of water to keep her hydrated. The husband gets to take her in this morning while I’m at school so the vet can re-assess her.

So, because I feel the need for a little levity, here’s a quiz for your entertainment.

What mental disorder do you have?

What mental disorder do you have?
Your Result: ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)
 

You have a very hard time focusing, and you find it difficult to stay on task without your mind wandering. You probably zone in and out of conversations and tend to miss out on directions because you cannot focus

Paranoia
 
Manic Depressive
 
OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
 
GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder)
 
What mental disorder do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

2 comments:

Jamie D. said...

Glad to hear Panda's doing better...sucks with the force feeding though. Try not to get too badly scratched up!!

Good luck with your goals. I bet it's hard trying to fit everything in with school work too. Hang in there! :-)

C R Ward said...

Thanks for the encouragement Jamie!