Sep 8, 2009

Honest Scrap Award



Fellow AW member and blogging buddy Benjamin Solah nominated me for an Honest Scrap award. He awarded it to me “. . .for being an honest blogger full of lots of interesting things on her blog” and “. . . for posting honest comments on my blog.” Aw, thank you Ben!

The rules for receiving the award are simple:

pass the award on to seven worthy blogs
list ten honest things about yourself.

Okay, first, the worthy blogs.

First I would have to give one back to Benjamin Solah, not because he gave me an award, but because his blog is young and fresh and he’s not afraid to take a stand for what he believes in. He is very secure in his view of the world and has a talent for saying what’s on his mind.

Next is Jamie, for her blog the Variety Pages. She entertains, she informs, she shares. She’s both honest and generous and I’m very grateful for her presence in the blogoverse.

The next one is also for Jamie, for her Tea On Tap" blog. I used to think I knew a lot about tea, but I was wrong. Jamie has opened up a whole new world of blends and flavours for me. Thank you Jamie!

Isaac Espriu is nominated for his unfailing goal setting and his total honesty about whether or not he reached his weekly goals. He had a dream of being a full-time writer and worked hard to make that dream come true. He’s an inspiration to us all.

Procrasting Writers deserves an award because they don’t just offer advice, they’ve actually followed it themselves so they honestly know whether it works or not.

Stacia Kane deserves an award because even though she’s a working writer she’s generous with the information she shares on her blog. Last summer she wrote a series called How To Be A Sex Writing Strumpet (which can still be accessed through her archives) and this summer she did a series on Critiques.

Lost Wanderer’s Writing Blog gets one as well. I haven’t been a follower for long, but I’ve found the Lost Wanderer to be generous in the sharing of writing tips, and she poses questions that require serious thought. She’s also an inspiration in goal setting.

Now, for the Ten Honest things:

1. I don’t hate housework as much as people think. I still think it’s a necessary evil, but I dislike a cluttered house more.

2. The more time I have on my hands, the less I get done. I work much better under pressure even though I don’t handle pressure well.

3. I’ve always wished I could play a musical instrument or had a talent for singing, and I envy people who can.

4. I’d rather dream than do.

5. I have a book buying addiction. I buy books at a far faster rate than I can read them and I rarely part with one.

6. I am the world’s biggest procrastinator. Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off ‘til the day after.

7. I have had an iPod for a year and a half and still don’t know how to use it. (see #7)

8. Whenever I find a whisker that one of my cats has shed, I save it. I have no idea why. (Yes, I know how weird this sounds, but at least it’s honest!)

9. I would rather sell a novel than win the lottery (and I play the lottery religiously).

10. If I ever won the lottery, the first thing I would do would be plan a road trip to meet as many of the friends I’ve made on AW as I can, face to face.

5 comments:

Dolly said...

C R

Thank you. It is a great honour.

And your blog, in my personal opinion, totally deserves this particular award, as honesty of your beliefs is evident in all your posts.

Congratulations.

Jamie D. said...

Wow, Carol - thanks so much, x2! I'm so glad you enjoy my blogs as much as I always enjoy yours. :-)

Ah, to win the lottery someday. *sigh*

Benjamin Solah said...

I like giving these out. I get to discover new blogs too.

And loved your 10 things. Really interesting about the cat's whiskers.

dani sulu said...

You are interesting, very, if ur blog reflects who you are.

C R Ward said...

Thanks to everyone who commented!