Sep 1, 2009

Random Tuesday

Maybe this should be my meandering day, I've been surfing around, catching up on my blog reading and coming up empty when it comes to posting something for today. I even went so far as to do a post over on my Random Writings blog, created links for the chapters for my serial, AND put up links for my poetry forms.

And still nothing.

I blame switching to afternoons at school (gotta blame something, right?) It's really thrown me off my regularly scheduled laziness. Whatever motivation I might have in the morning is tempered by the fact that I have to keep my eye on the clock so I have enough time to have lunch and get to school. And then Word is so boring that I can barely keep my eyes open. The first assignment we have (that gets handed in for marking) is to open up a pre-typed document and run the spell check. Seriously!

Then, when I get home, I'm wondering where my day has gone because I'm used to getting home from school in time for lunch, not in time for supper. Which I then have to make. Definitely not liking this new schedule!

* * * * * * * * * *

Anybody out there have a crock pot? Here’s a recipe for the best triple chocolate desert ever:

1 package chocolate cake mix
1 package instant chocolate pudding

1 cup chocolate chips
4 eggs
3/4 cup oil
1 cup water

Spray the inside of the crock pot with non-stick spray. Mix all ingredients and pour into crock pot. Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours, or until done. Serve in bowl with ice cream.

* * * * * * * * * *

"You need to buckle down." Ever heard that before? I wonder if those people telling you to buckle down are aware of what it really means.

Buckle down is when people (mostly males) have gained enough weight that their guts cause their belt buckles to point downward towards the ground instead of out as it normally would on a slim person. The role of a person's belt changes when one reaches a gut of this size. Instead of the belt preventing one's pants from falling down, it starts to hold your gut up. When one begins to Buckle Down, they have exceeded dicky doo.

And just because I know you’re curious:
Dicky doo is a term used to describe when a man's stomach sticks so far out he can no longer see his, uh, dick.

So in essence, when someone tells you that you need to buckle down, they're telling you that you need to gain weight. So take it as a compliment. :-)

2 comments:

Jamie D. said...

God, Carol...that last bit just had me in stitches! Perfect! ;-)

Bummer about your schedule getting switched. I don't get anything done in the mornings anyways (even at work), so I doubt I'd be motivated to do anything at home either.

I'll have to try that crockpot dessert - thanks for the recipe. It's about time to get that appliance out again, I guess. *sigh*

C R Ward said...

The fact that I put the "Buckle Down" right after the recipe for a rich chocolate desert is purely coincidence. Honest!