Mar 15, 2010

Misdirected Monday

I still don’t seem to have a handle on the whole time management thing. This weekend was supposed to be a catch-up for everything that I fell behind on during the week, however, I brought some work home with me to wrack up some overtime instead.

RECAP:

Got all my blog posts written and up on time, which surprised the heck out of me! Did not get any extra writing done though, which was pretty disappointing. Didn’t even manage to get the letter to my sister finished. I really need to get that buckling down to work thing mastered.

After getting the progress bars up on Random Writings, I didn’t get anything else done over there. I have another Scribe’s meeting tonight, so at the very list I hope to have a very short short to post later.

This Week

Tuesday: Part VII of my fortune telling series will explore the art of Ceromancy. If you want to know what that is, you’ll have to check back tomorrow. :-)
Wednesday: It’s only fair that dogs have their say, so this week’s Whimsical Wednesday will be going to the dogs.
Thursday: Passion for Poetry this week will be the Hungarian form of the Balassi Stanza.
Friday: Chapter 31 of the Space Opera. Why did Libby do what she did? Did she act alone, or under someone else’s orders?

I’m not going to list anything else that I’d like to do. If the boss has more work for me to take home I’ll probably be doing that instead. After a year of unemployment (which was a fraction of what I was getting paid) and a year of a “living allowance” (which was a fraction of what unemployment was) I can really use the money.

I’ve also got books stacking up faster than I can read them. The boss gave me a couple to read and the daughter brought me the first one in another series. *sigh* I’m very weak when it comes to books.

So, that’s what I’ll be up to this week, how about you? Read any good books lately? Done anything interesting? How can I live vicariously through you if you won’t share?? :-)

3 comments:

Jamie D. said...

Trying to catch up on weekends never works for me, aside from housework (and even then, it's iffy).

Sounds like you're enjoying the new job, even with the overtime. :-)

Yay for dogs on Wednesday!

Hmm...well, I bought (ordered) a loveseat on Saturday to replace my decrepit armchair. It should be here today or tomorrow, and I'm pretty excited about that. LOL We spent all day yesterday cleaning and rearranging furniture to make room.

Books - I've read lots, actually. Do you like fantasy (I assume so)? Have you read the Secret Texts Trilogy by Holly Lisle? I'm moving slowly through Diplomacy of Wolves, but enjoying it... :-)

C R Ward said...

I haven't read the Secret Texts, but I enjoyed the Fire In the Mist series. I think my favorite Holly Lisle books are Minerva Wakes, and Sympathy for the Devil.

erica m. chapman said...

Sounds like a great week. I have books stacking up around me too!

Well, I went the wrong way down a one way street - yeah. fun. LOL

That's what I did today! I also went shopping this past weekend and it was great ;o)

I don't have any grasp on time management so don't feel bad ;o)

Have a great week!