Jun 14, 2010

Malefic Monday

Malefic ~ doing mischief; producing evil

There's a old saying: If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. I'm thinking of adopting it as my family motto.

Lady Luck has certainly been fickle lately. And I can't say it's been all bad, just another one of those weeks when the good luck far outweighs the bad. The big one for me this time is a toothache that started Wednesday night . . . and I still have it. Hopefully I'll be able to get in to see a dentist today. Orajel and painkillers work wonders, but there's only so much of them a body can take.

I managed to get my posts up, and on time, I might add, although I didn't write an original poem to go with the poetry form. Just as I was about to leave for my Scribes meeting, a friend whom I haven't taled with for awhile called, so I missed my meeting again.

I'd like to thank Dolly again for guesting me on her blog last week. This week she has L.Jagi Lamplighter Wright discussing why she writes fantasy. Take a moment and check it out.

This Week’s Goals:

Tuesday: Part VI of my fairy tale series takes a look at one of my all time favourites, Rapunzel.

Wednesday: Will feature a new Hump Day Hunk for your viewing pleasure. If you have any preferences, let me know. I’m always willing to do a little research.

Thursday: This week’s poetry form is the Italian form of the Canzone, a from that's related to the Sestina.


Friday: Chapter 43 of the Space Opera. As Chaney asked at the end of last week's chapter, now what?

Elsewhere in my week:

No meetings this week, although there is a poetry reading I should attened on Thursday night. I still haven't picked my poems for the anthology nor have I finished my biography. And the deadline is tonday. *sigh*

Starting Thursday, I get to work from home. At first glance this might seem like a good thing (if not a great thing) but what it'll all boil down to is self-discipline. As in, only time will tell if I have any.

That’s pretty much what’s on my plate for the week, how about yours?

2 comments:

Jamie D. said...

I'll admit, I'm a bit jealous of your work-from-home gig. If only... *sigh* You'll make it work, I know you will. :-)

Good luck - sounds like it's a good thing you don't have any meetings this week. Time to catch up, maybe?

The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after said...

I've come by to read Space Opera only to fine you haven't been on since Monday.
This is so unlike you. I hope all is well.
My love my care,
Simone