Sep 20, 2010

Millenarianism Monday

millenarianism ~ belief that an ideal society will be produced in the near future

I did a really stupid thing yesterday. The writing wasn’t going well and I didn’t want to fall into the old “playing games until I’m inspired to write” trap (which never seems to work anyway), so I shut my lap top down and decided to shovel out clean out straighten up my office. It’s been a few months since I last cleaned out my office. Do you know how much junk can accumulate in that time? Plus I started going through a bunch of stuff from the book cases to get rid of – mostly old magazines.

So far I’ve collected two shopping bags of magazines to dispose of, plus one of books. Yes, that’s right, I said books. I still have some re-arranging of some of the shelves of the bookcases to do, and I have a box full of papers from the surface of my desk to be sorted through. And I have to go through the boxes in the top of the closet. And go through the rest of the stuff piled on my desk. And maybe then I can vacuum up the clouds of cat hair.

Sometimes I have really stupid ideas!

*sigh*

Managed to get my posts done last week, although the Space Opera was delayed by a day. I don’t know if anyone noticed, but on my goals I said the poetry form was going to be the Rime Couée, which I’ve already done, instead of the Ushnik, which was the form I missed from the previous week.

I finished up with my 30 Days of Writing Questions on my Random Writings blog. If you want to check them out, I have back links posted in the left hand column. Now I have to decide on what’s next for this blog. I think it really will be random for a while.

This Week’s Goals:

Tuesday: Part XVIII of my fairy tale series will explore Thumbelina. This series will be finished as soon as I can settle on what I’m replacing it with.

Wednesday: A new hunk for your viewing pleasure.

Thursday: This week’s Passion for Poetry is the Japanese form of Imayo.

Friday: Chapter 56 of the Space Opera. What’s in store for the intrepid crew of the Burning Comet? Will they give up? Is the mine really deserted? Will this series ever end? ;-)

Elsewhere in my week:

I have a Scribe’s meeting tonight, and a poetry meeting tomorrow night. While I always look forward to my meetings, there’s going to be a bit of a conflict. The hubby’s car died so we’re down to just mine, and bowling season has started, which means we both need the car on Monday and Tuesday nights to get to our respective places to be.

Today I need to finish cleaning my office, or at least shovel off the desk so there’s room for my lap top. The dining room table is okay for writing, but the chairs leave a lot to be desired when it comes to comfort.

The rest of my time will be spent editing, writing, and maybe even a little reading. Computer games are a waste of time and energy and contribute nothing to my productivity. I will not play computer games. Except for maybe a couple of rounds of spider solitaire. Or free cell. Maybe word mojo. But other than that, I will stay away from the games because games are an evil time sink.

Really they are.

Mostly.

And that’s the nutshell that is my week to come. How about you, do you have anything interesting going on this week?

No comments: