Apr 25, 2011

Marcescent Monday

marcescent ~ withering without falling off

Wow, where did last week go? It’s all just a blur . . .

The Death Flu finally started loosening its grip around Tuesday, but I was still pretty wiped out the rest of the week. I managed to get all my posts up on time, but I missed my Scribe’s meeting.

One of the nice things about the flu is that I lost about five pounds. It’s just a drop in the bucket as far as the amount I’d like to lose, but it’s a start. And it’s enough to motivate me into focusing a little more on the whole eating healthier, getting more exercise thing.

I’m sure I did something last week besides feeling crappy and writing blog posts, but I really can’t think of anything else. Other than blogs, I didn’t even get much reading done.

This Week’s Schedule:

Tuesday: This week’s wonder of the ancient world is the Statue of Zeus at Olympia.

Wednesday: I’ve got a special feature for the Hump Day Hunk this week. You won’t want to miss it. ;-)

Thursday: The poetry form of the week is the Virelai.

Friday: Chapter 21 of Fire. Well, Maisie and Gervaise appear to be harmless after all. But that doesn’t mean something else can’t happen . . .

Elsewhere in my week:

Yeah, it’s definitely time to put up or shut up when it comes to the exercise. I’ve got several options – exercise tapes, the rowing machine, the stationary bike, and, if all else fails, good old fashioned walking. I can’t even use the weather as an excuse because there’s a mall walking group at our local mall.

I usually write my posts the night before and the schedule them to appear the next day, but for some reason last week several of my posts saved as draft instead of posting when they were supposed to. I don’t know if it’s something I’m doing or something glitchy with blogger, but I intend to find out.

I have a couple of new computer programs I need to figure out this week. One is a new recording software, and the other is for audio editing. The audio editing will be especially handy for the living history project the hubby’s doing for the local archives.

As most of you know, I am self-employed. I’ve been pretty low key about it because my website sucks, so something else I’ll be working on is making my website . . . un-suck.

This is final week of the A to Z Challenge on my other blog. It’s been a little more time consuming than I’d counted on, but I made a lot of friends and discovered a lot of great blogs out there. And if anyone can think of a writing themed subject starting with X, Y, or Z please let me know!

So, now that you know what I’ll be up to, what about you?

2 comments:

Tara Tyler said...

can't believe april is almost over!
aah!
have a good week =)

Tara Tyler said...

I forgot to tag you!
Visit me if you want to play =)