Apr 18, 2011

Morbiferous Monday

morbiferous ~ disease-bringing

The title says it all. I’m definitely morbiferous, in the form of the Death Flu. It struck mid-week last week and it’s been kicking my butt ever since.

Needless to say, my goal of writing at the library and walking home was pretty much a dismal failure.

I’m really disappointed that I didn’t make it to my poetry group’s Thursday reading. It was our annual Young Poets night where kids from the local highschools got a chance to read.

It was only by the skin of my teeth that I managed to get my posts all up last week, although a couple of them were pretty late.

Any writing/editing above and beyond my blog posts last week was also an utter failure. When I wasn’t curled up in a ball in the recliner I was either napping or reading. Using the lap top was out of the question – I was already having an issue with being too hot and the lap top just made it worse.

Last week wasn't all doom and gloom though. The poetry reading Tuesday night was fabulous! Our emcee was awesome, and my fellow readers were sparkling. It helps that we had a great audience.

This Week’s Goals:

Tuesday: This week’s wonder of the ancient world is the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.

Wednesday: Another Hump Day Hunk for your viewing pleasure.

Thursday: The poetry form this week will be the Kwansaba verse form.

Friday: Chapter 20 of Fire. So, are Pyre and Rayne walking into a trap? Don’t ask me, I won’t figure it out myself until Thursday night. :-)

Elsewhere in my week:

Tonight there’s a Scribe’s meeting and our topic is Cakes on a Train. I’m not sure if I’ll be feeling up to it or not. It’s not so much the meeting, it’s the walking home afterwards.

I’m pretty sure there’s a poetry group meeting Tuesday night. I could be wrong. The group meeting usually takes place the first Tuesday after the Thursday reading, but the e-mail with our poem-work says it’s not until the 26th. Our poem-work was to write a sound poem, a poem with more aural than literary qualities.

I figure if I can get over the Death Flu and keep up with my posting, I’ll be doing good this week.

How about you? What are you up to this week?

3 comments:

Tara Tyler said...

feel better!!!
trying to work ahead on my challenges since we're taking a road trip for Easter =)

Anonymous said...

I hope you get better soon. Drink lots of water and get some rest. :)

C R Ward said...

Thanks guys, I'm starting to feel better but my energy level is still pretty low.