Jun 27, 2011

Matutolypea Monday

matutolypea ~ getting up on the wrong side of the bed

Well . . . it’s a good thing that I got all of my blog posts, except for the instalment for Fire, written in the first couple of days of last week, because the last half of the week was a write-off. I spent Thursday and Friday alternately reading and watching the third season of True Blood on DVD. Saturday I finally told myself enough is enough, and Sunday I finally got over myself. :-)

The “going to bed earlier so I can get up earlier” thing met with moderate success. What can I say? The spirit was willing but the body was wired to stay up late. Of course it didn’t help that I’d shut the lap top down early so I could get a little reading time in, and then not come up for air for hours.

As for the “staying off the internet” part . . . well, again I can only say that it met with moderate success. I still checked my e-mail in the morning, and I may have checked the feeds for Facebook, but for the most part I stayed off the net during “working” hours unless I had to do research. I’ve also discovered that I have to check to make sure my posts are going up on time. A couple of times blogger saved my post as a draft instead of a scheduled post, so instead of going up at 8 a.m. sharp it ended up going up whenever I thought to check (usually around noon). I have no clue why this is happening.

I read a couple of really interesting books last week – books I probably would have passed up on in the store, but I downloaded for free from Amazon. This is one of the really great things about George (my Kindle), it’s broadening my reading scope. Even when you have to pay for a book, your dollar still stretches further than with print books so you’re more willing to take a chance on something new or different.


This Week’s Schedule:

Tuesday: Part V of the Seven Wonders of the Medieval World is the Porcelain Tower of Nanjing.

Wednesday: A new hunk for your viewing pleasure.

Thursday: This week will feature four forms of Lu Shi (code verse).

Friday: Chapter 30 of Fire. How’s Pyre going to find Rayne again, or did the raiders take him as well?

Random Thoughts

Today: I’m whining about remakes.

Wednesday: Chapter 7 of my on-line serial Shades of Errol Flynn. Will we finally get to see what’s in the mysterious box?

Saturday: Grappling With Grammar – the Apostrophe

Elsewhere in my week:

First up is catching up on my blog reading/commenting. I love seeing what other people have to say, so I’ve got a lot of blogs on my list. The problem is finding the time to do it. I think I’m going to try dedicating an hour or so each day to this.

Walk every day. Some other form of exercise if the weather isn’t conducive to walking.

Learn how to use my iPod so I can take it with me on my walks.

Make up a workable schedule for all the stuff I want to accomplish during the day. Life’s too short for all this frittering around.

Work on the sound boosting and transcribing for the Living History project.

I’m a few chapters ahead in Shades of Errol Flynn, and it’s a good feeling. I’d like to get that feeling about Fire too. So this week I’d like to give it a try. I know where the story’s going, I just have to write it down. ;-)

I think that’s plenty for one week, don’t you? How about you? What are you up to?

4 comments:

Theresa Milstein said...

I have a hard time staying off the internet. Like when I smoked as a teen, it's the first thing I do when I wake up (with coffee) and the last thing I do when I go to bed. Well, I'm not that bad. But almost.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Had to come over on Tara's recommendation, and glad I did!
Your poetry intrigued me. (Well, the 'other guy' part of me.)

I am a fan of formal verse. I loved some of the forms you introduced on your other blog. Haven't tried them, but may have to.

Consider me a new follower!
Best-

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Had to come over on Tara's recommendation, and glad I did!
Your poetry intrigued me. (Well, the 'other guy' part of me.)

I am a fan of formal verse. I loved some of the forms you introduced on your other blog. Haven't tried them, but may have to.

Consider me a new follower!
Best-

C R Ward said...

Theresa: I think someone needs to come up with a 12-step program to help overcome internet addiction. :-)

Bryce: Thanks for your comment, and welcome to my blog!