Sep 12, 2011

Micrograph Monday

micrograph ~ instrument used to write on a very small scale

I have to admit, last week really got away from me. I don’t know if it was the holiday or what, but I felt like I was a day behind all week. This week doesn’t look like it’s shaping up to be much better – I lost one of my weekend days to family obligations and I’ve got a heck of a lot on my plate this week.

Despite all the stuff I have to get done this week, I spent a couple of hours yesterday writing a poem. Not the final form I needed for my chapbook, but a new poem for my reading this week. I like to end my readings with something humorous, and this one has been flittering with my brain for a couple of weeks now.

Got caught up on my e-mails (knock wood) although apparently I still owe one of my sisters a snail mail. :-)

The poems for my reading are printed out and sitting in a folder waiting for me to go over them.

The brochures got side-lined again for more important things, but I did get the final edits of An Elemental Wind sent off.

You notice there’s no status update on MSN Patchworkz!? I think I’m pretty much over that game. Now it’s all about Fishdom 2. LOL

This Week’s Schedule:

Tuesday: The first instalment for the 7 Natural Wonders of the World is the Grand Canyon.

Wednesday: Another hump day hunk for your viewing pleasure. ;-)

Thursday: This week’s poetry form is the Wayra.

Friday: Chapter 41 of Fire. I have to wonder what Pyre’s going to think of Dr. Arjun’s plans for Rayne . . .

Random Thoughts

Today: Words For the Wise.

Wednesday: Chapter 18 of my on-line serial Shades of Errol Flynn. Jessica wouldn’t abuse her privileges as an “honoured guest” would she?

Saturday: This week’s Grappling With Grammar is an editing checklist.

Elsewhere in my week:

Still waiting on the ISBN for my chapbook, but I’m going to go ahead and get some made up anyway. I can always print the numbers on a clear label and stick it in the right spot if I have to, and if I don’t get the number in time then at least I’ll have the books made up.

There’s still time to get your flash fiction in to Jamie DeBree at Rattles. The amazing Heidi Sutherlin of Creative Pursuits has provided an intriguing picture prompt. The challenge is open to all comers to write a story between 800 and 1,000 words using the picture as inspiration. The best stories will have a chance to receive $25 and a chance of publication. You don’t want to miss out!

Tonight I have a Scribe’s meeting and Thursday is my poetry reading. If anyone’s in the Cobourg, Ontario area on the 15th, stop in at Meet at 66 King. Admission’s free and the treats are tasty (but unfortunately the treats aren’t free). Come and hear me read and buy one of my chapbooks. :-D

And that’s how my week is shaping up so far. How about you? What are you up to now that summer’s over?

No comments: