Feb 13, 2012

Myrmecophagid Monday

myrmecophagid ~ of, like or pertaining to anteaters

So . . . I’ve been doing some thinking recently. Yes, I know, me thinking is a dangerous thing. But bear with me. Call me crazy (several of you who know me already do) but it seems kind of silly to do duplicate posts on both Monday AND Tuesday. And to be honest, I kind of miss doing my non-fiction series. So I’m thinking about starting a new non-fiction series this Tuesday.

I’d like to take a minute to apologize to my fellow bloggers out there whose blogs I read but don’t comment on. For those who are fairly new to this blog, my lap top is old. (For those of you who’ve been around for awhile and don’t want to hear me whine about my lap top again, this would be a good place to go get that cup of tea, or coffee, or whatever.) Not only is my lap top old, it’s getting a little worn out. There’s a bite out of one corner (I have no idea how that happened), it’s missing the ‘B’ key (yeah, I know exactly how that happened), the spacebar only works if you hit it dead center, the ‘K’ key only works when it feels like it, the left shift key only works if the planets are in alignment and you hit it just right, and the screen is starting to go pink. Other than that it works pretty good, unless you’ve got a web browser open, then it slows down to a crawl. Sometimes I have to click on a site two or three times before it will reluctantly appear, even if I have it book-marked. Sometimes it gets bored and drops my internet connection altogether. And commenting on a blog post takes an extraordinary amount of patience, which I don’t usually have much of. We won’t even go into how lappy feels about Twitter and Facebook. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I have been reading your posts, and you all are a very interesting bunch indeed!

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

I’m happy to report that I had no super late nights last week. In fact, I even got to bed at a normal (for me) time one night. And again, I got my days mixed up and got my poetry post all written Wednesday night, then realized it wasn’t being posted until Friday. The post for Water went swimmingly (har har) and I had a little extra time to work on Friday’s flash.

Once again I only read one book last week, at least one book that’s been published. :-) This time it was Desert Heat, by Jamie DeBree. Yes, I know I’ve read it before, but this time I took my time, savouring it. It’s my favourite of hers (to date). I love the characters and I love the whole suspense/drama of the story line.

I don’t know if anyone else noticed, but thanks to the impending Valentine’s Day, there were a lot of chick flicks on television over the weekend. I love me some good chick flicks! One of them I happened to catch was the Prince and Me. The reason I mention it is because it was one I’d been avoiding, thinking it was the old standard clichéd story. However, I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, they did fall in love before she realized he was a prince, and then one of them made a sacrifice so they could be together, but the ending redeemed the whole cliché. And I’m not saying who did what, so you’ll just have to see it for yourself. ;-)

What’s Up This Week:
The schedule is up on the side bar, so I’m just giving the highlights here.

TuesdayWe have a bit of a change in the line-up here. On Random Thoughts we’re going to have a look into the origins of Valentine’s Day, and next week I’ll be starting a new series on Prophets. You know, just to prepare for the end of the world on December 21. ;-)On Random Writings I’ll be continuing to Share the Love.

Wednesday (on Random Writings) So, Paran and Thackery are going to help Howard help Jessica. Is this going to be a good thing or a bad thing? And I’m switching back to a picture of Errol Flynn ‘cause I’m tired of looking at my dismal attempt at illustration for this serial. Yes, I know the story doesn’t really have anything to do with Errol Flynn, but his name is going to crop up eventually. :-) And the Hump Day Hunk (on Random Thoughts) will be something appropriate for the day after Valentine’s Day.

Thursday In chapter five of Water (on Random Thoughts) we will catch a glimpse of what the ‘bad thing’ Nereida thinks is coming. And while they are starting out fairly young, after the ‘bad thing’ happens they’re going to start aging ‘cause the really good stuff happens when they’re a little older. ;-)

FridayAny poets out there want to do an interview/guest post? If so, drop me a line at carolrward(at)gmail(dot)com. Otherwise you’re stuck with more of my poetry on Random Writings. On Random Thoughts it’s Flash Me Friday and I’ll be doing another picture prompt.

No comments: