Mar 26, 2012

Metameric Monday

metameric ~ of, like or pertaining to serial division or segmentation of body

I mentioned on Facebook on Saturday that I wanted a do-over of that particular day, but you wanna know something? If someone offered me a do-over for the year so far I wouldn’t say no. Unreasonably mild winter and early spring aside, 2012 has not impressed me thus far.

Somewhere, I’m not sure where, I read either the blurb for a novel or a short story about these energy waves bombarding the Earth that caused the suicide rate to jump. I don’t know if it was some militant group behind it, or aliens cutting down the population before invading, but the point was it was making all these people feel the same bone-chilling despair. I’ve heard from so many people about what a creative black hole this year has been so far that I have to wonder if there might not be something to that story after all. Not that we’re being bombarded with psychic waves that are making us suicidal, but that there’s something out there affecting our creativity. Food for thought.

I thought I was doing pretty good last week until I came to the instalment for Water. *shakes head sadly*. I hit a drought where Water is concerned. I don’t know what the problem is. This is one of the drawbacks of doing a serial. There’s no wiggle room. If this were a NaNo novel I could just skip ahead in the story. But it’s not, so I can’t.

I’m not losing any sleep over it though, at least not yet. I hit snags in the other two Elemental stories, just not quite so early in the story. I blame the kids. Who was it in the entertainment industry that warned about working with animals or children? Anyway, all I can do when the snags hit is soldier on.

Please note that I’ve updated my What I’m Working On page (on Random Writings) and my Reading Challenge Page (on Random Thoughts).


What’s Up This Week:
The schedule is up on the side bar, so I’m just giving the highlights here.

Tuesday On Random Thoughts We have Part Five of Prophets and Prophecies, Cassandra. On Random Writings I’m going to try another book review. If you’re an author and would like me to review your book, drop me a line at carolrward(at)gmail(dot)com. I promise I’ll put your book at the top of my list. :-)

Wednesday (on Random Writings) Chapter Forty-five of Shades of Errol Flynn, in which hopefully Ellen and Jessica get a chance to chat. And on Random Thoughts there’ll be another hump day hunk for your viewing pleasure.

Thursday This will be my second attempt at chapter ten of Water (on Random Thoughts)

Friday On Passion For Poetry (Random Writings) there will be a poem, but I haven’t decided whether or not it will be mine or not. ;-) And on Random Thoughts I’ll have another flash piece prompted by a picture.

No comments: