Mar 19, 2012

Mutchkin Monday

mutchkin ~ old unit of liquid measurement equal to 3/4 of an imperial pint

Well . . . this past week wasn’t quite as bad as the last few weeks. I was only late with one serial post, and it wasn’t too badly late at that. Of course it helped that I wasn’t getting up to walk in the mornings so I could stay up extra late at night.

I have to admit I feel sorry for anyone who owns a ski resort. We had approximately two days of winter at the beginning of February and that was pretty much it. Now spring seems to be in full swing – unseasonably warm temperatures, buds appearing on the trees, lawns are starting to green up . . .

I feel cheated out of my winter. And it’s all my sister’s fault. That’s right, you heard me. My sister sent me this beautiful full length fur coat at the beginning of the winter and it was only cold enough to wear it once. Ergo, if she hadn’t sent me the coat, it would have been all kinds of cold throughout the winter. And we probably would have got some decent snow, too.

Aside from my regular blog posting last week, I manage to read two or three books and I did a little project for my former boss. And, at one point I even managed to update my Goodreads. I didn’t review many of the books in my update, but that was only because it would be too time consuming. I’ll get to it eventually. And now that it’s up to date I’ll have to make an effort to keep it that way.

I made the mistake of mentioning to my good friend Jamie that I was having an urge to start working on something completely new, and I might even have mentioned the specific idea, and her response was, “What are you waiting for, anyways?”. So, yeah. I got started on something new on the weekend. It’s going to end up as a trilogy, and unfortunately the SNI that has its hooks in me is the third of the three. Looks like I’ll be working on these backwards. *sigh*

What’s Up This Week:
The schedule is up on the side bar, so I’m just giving the highlights here.

Tuesday On Random Thoughts We have Part Four of Prophets and Prophecies, the Pythia. On Random Writings I’m going to try another book review. If you’re an author and would like me to review your book, drop me a line at carolrward(at)gmail(dot)com. I promise I’ll put your book at the top of my list. :-)

Wednesday (on Random Writings) Chapter Forty-four of Shades of Errol Flynn, in which Howard needs to find a way to make good on his promise to let Jessica talk to Ellan. And on Random Thoughts there’ll be another hump day hunk for your viewing pleasure.

Thursday In chapter ten of Water (on Random Thoughts) everyone will need to make adjustments as they settle in to their new quarters. I wonder what changes Dr. Arjun has made?

Friday On Passion For Poetry (Random Writings) there will be a poem, but not one of mine. ;-) And on Random Thoughts I’ll have another flash piece prompted by a picture.

No comments: