Apr 2, 2012

Myrmecophilous Monday

myrmecophilous ~ having a symbiotic relationship with ants

So, did anyone get April Fooled yesterday? I logged onto my internet home page Saturday night and I admit they almost got me with a news story about a woman who bought a lottery ticket in her cat’s name and it won a million dollars (the cat did).

Wow, April already. How did that happen? And of course now that spring is here and summer’s on the way we’re back to the cooler temperatures. :-)

I was pretty late with both my serial posts, but I did get them up eventually. And those who look forward to Wednesdays may have noticed I was late with the hump day hunk as well. This was because in my concern to get the next instalment of Shades written I forgot all about my hunk du jour. Oops!

I’ve been watching a show called Come Dine With Me, where 5 people take turns hosting a dinner party for each other in their homes in the hopes of winning a cash prize. The result of this is my flexing my culinary muscles for Sunday dinners. An exercise, I might add, that is totally wasted on my family of barbarians.

I didn’t have a lot of time for reading last week, but I’m still downloading lots of free books from Amazon. Way too many, actually. I’m going to really have to step up my reading, maybe schedule some regular reading time into my day.

I did a bad thing on the weekend. I started playing a game on Facebook. Specifically, the Disney Hidden Objects game. *sigh* I made it to about level 4 before I remembered why I found these games annoying. Levelling up is rather slow unless you want to try and sucker a bunch of your friends into it.


What’s Up This Week:
The schedule is up on the side bar, so I’m just giving the highlights here.

Tuesday On Random Thoughts We have Part Six of Prophets and Prophecies, the Norse Völva. On Random Writings we’ll have another book review. If you’re an author and would like me to review your book, drop me a line at carolrward(at)gmail(dot)com. I promise I’ll put your book at the top of my list. :-)

Wednesday (on Random Writings) Chapter Forty-six of Shades of Errol Flynn, in which hopefully Ellen and Jessica get a chance to chat. And on Random Thoughts there’ll be another hump day hunk for your viewing pleasure – on time this time. :-)

Thursday we have Chapter Eleven of Water (on Random Thoughts). I think it’s time to see how the kids are settling in to the new compound.

Friday On Passion For Poetry (Random Writings) there will be a poem, but I haven’t decided whether or not it will be mine or not. ;-) And on Random Thoughts I’ll have another flash piece prompted by a picture.

No comments: