Jun 18, 2012

Malapropism Monday

malapropism ~ misapplication of words without mispronunciation

Congratulations to Graceunderpressure and RamblingWords, winners of a free copy of An Elemental Fire! Graceunderpressure, I already know where to find you, and RamblingWords I'll need you to email me at carolrward(at)gmail(dot)com to arrange to collect your prize.

The rest of you will just have to buy your copies. :-) The sale price for the e-version is .99 cents at Amazon, An Elemental Fire, and Brazen Snake Books until the end of June, after which the price will be $2.99. The paperback version is now available at Brazen Snake Books and Amazon for $9.99.

Last week had its ups and downs, and I was late with I think every post except Water, but over all it was a productive week. I think a lot of my productivity had to do with the fact I had a lot to do last week. :-) That and I stayed away from the games . . . except for Castleville. But I only play it maybe twice a day and never for more than an hour.

I did lose some time on Thursday and Friday sewing a dress for my daughter to wear to her cousin's wedding, but I still managed to knock off a couple more transcriptions and the edits on a smoking hot novella by Trinity Marlow. If you're looking to put some sizzle into your summer, check out her stories at Brazen Snake Books.

I'm a big fan of fantasy and a lot of the books and stories I've read concerning the faery realms cite the disappearance of magic and magical creatures in the world as the human willingness to believe in the darker creatures instead of the light. I'm starting to believe it. Again I'm having problems with my Angels and Devils series. Specifically, finding information about the angels. It's like pulling teeth, or opening a mayonnaise jar, or something equally difficult. If I keep running into this problem, I might have to rethink the whole series. Never fear, I have a back-up plan in case this should happen. :-)

Please note that I finally updated my "What I'm Working On" page on Random Writings. This includes links for my two books.

Oh! I also took the time to update my author's page on Facebook. Check me out at Carol R. Ward, author

And while you're in a "checking out" mood, check out the new website for my fabulous cover artist, Heidi Sutherlin at My Creative Pursuits

What’s Up This Week: The schedule is up on the side bar, so I’m just giving the highlights here.

Tuesday On Random Thoughts Part B of my new series, Angels and Devils. On Random Writings I will be reviewing a terrific book I received in the mail a few weeks ago.

Wednesday (on Random Writings) Chapter Fifty-six of Shades of Errol Flynn. I'm thinking Paran, Thackery, Howard, and Ellen might be making an appearance. On Random Thoughts there’ll be another hump day hunk for your viewing pleasure, maybe even a pair of hunks. ;-)

Thursday we have Chapter Twenty-one of Water (on Random Thoughts) where life goes on for Ravi. And cross your fingers, I'm hoping to do an author's interview on Random Writings.

Friday I'm still on a Flash Fiction vacation this month on Random Thoughts, and although I did post original poetry on Random Writings last week, there's no promises whether it will be my poetry or someone else's this week.

No comments: