Jun 11, 2012

Megaprosopous Monday

megaprosopous ~ having a large face

Just a quick reminder that there's still time to leave a comment to win a free copy of An Elemental Fire. You can even go back and leave a comment on any post, on either blog, from the beginning of June for more chances to win. Double your chances by leaving comments on both blogs. Contest ends at midnight, this Friday.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Last week got off to a shaky start, then it started getting better, but then Friday and Saturday I had the migraine from Hell. I don't know if it was the storm front moving in, allergies, or what, but Saturday was especially bad. Sunday, however was great. At least the morning was. Mid-afternoon my energy started to flag, but I'd already accomplished enough that it didn't bother me. :-)

I was pretty late with the installment for Shades of Errol Flynn last week, but that's because I didn't get it written the night before. It was pretty much my own fault, Tuesday is cheap night at the local Cineplex and I went to see Snow White and the Huntsman.

I admit to playing a lot of Shockwave games last week, but I think I've got it out of my system now. Maybe it was the migraines at the end of the week (brightly lit computer screens are not good for a migraine) or maybe I subconsciously realized what a colossal waste of time they are, but whatever the reason, I seem to off the games. I still play Castleville, but it doesn't require a large output (input?) of time.

I'm starting a new series this week, and it requires a bit of explanation. Originally I was going to do my new series on Angels alone. But then I remembered when I did the series on the Seven Deadly Sins I was able to find Heavenly Virtues as their counterpart. So then I thought I'd do my new series on Angels with their Devilish counterparts. And then I thought I'd do them in alphabetical order. Yeah, well, then I started doing the research. Individual angels don't have an exact demon counterpart, although I suppose if one were sufficiently motivated one could eventually match them up. But they still wouldn't be in alphabetical order. So, what I am doing is picking out a couple of interesting angels and a couple of demons for each letter of the alphabet - a new letter each week.

The title of this new series took a bit of thinking. I couldn't call it Angels and Demons because of the book by the same title, and although I mentioned last week that I was going to call it Demons and Angels I nixed that idea because I wanted to start each segment with the angels, not the demons. So then I thought about using Saints and Sinners, but I didn't want people thinking the series was about Saints. I had toyed with the idea of doing a series on Catholic Saints, but have you seen how many Saints there are? Check the Catholic Saints Index. There's 893 Saints for the letter A alone! So I've opted for Angels and Devils as my title, unimaginative as it is. :-)

What’s Up This Week: The schedule is up on the side bar, so I’m just giving the highlights here.

Tuesday On Random Thoughts Part A of my new series, Angels and Devils. On Random Writings I will be reviewing a book I recently finished on my Kindle.

Wednesday (on Random Writings) Chapter Fifty-five of Shades of Errol Flynn. Just because Jessica (with Howard's help) freed Ewan's castle, don't think for a minute that the story's just about over. ;-) And on Random Thoughts there’ll be another hump day hunk for your viewing pleasure. ;-)

Thursday we have Chapter Twenty of Water (on Random Thoughts) in which we start to find out how life changes for the twins now that their past their tespiro.

FridayI'm on a Flash Fiction vacation this month on Random Thoughts, and a semi-vacation for poetry on Random Writings, which means I'll be posting poems from my favourite poets instead of original work.

No comments: