Jun 25, 2012

Monoideism Monday

monoideism ~ obsession or fixation on a single idea or thought

What do you mean it's Monday already? Seriously? *blinks rapidly and looks around vaguely* Oh, you're right. How did that happen?

It's coming down to crunch time with my OTF project. I started out strong getting interviews transcribed on Friday; Saturday I kept getting interrupted but persevered; and Sunday I started working on one that was 110 minutes long, which is about three times what the others are, and I have to admit my energy started to flag.

To be honest, I was going to take this week off of blogging, but I've already got my two serial installments half done and I have something a little different planned instead of Tuesday's book review (on Random Writings). The other posts aren't that time-consuming. So we'll see how it goes.

After much stress, online chats with company support, telephone calls to company support, and cursing and swearing, the hubby and I are now the proud owners of a lightscribing duplicator. With this machine we are able to copy and lightscribe up to three CDs at a time. No big deal, right? Well it is when you have 31 CDs that need to be copied 6 times each. Now if hubby can only figure out how to get the lightscribing to work (it's supposed to be stand alone, as in doesn't need a computer) because I don't have time to futz around with it.

If you're reading this post on Random Writings you may notice something missing. Namely the side bar. I have no clue what's going on and I haven't had time to investigate. It still shows up on my pages, just not the home page. And it appears in my preview when I'm checking my blog posts, and it's there in the layout when I go to the editing window. I really have no clue what's going on with it.

Last week, let's see . . . I got all my blog posts done on time, which surprised the heck out of me, and the installment for Water was even a tad longer than normal. It was either make it a little short or a little long, and I feel like I've been short changing the installments lately, so . . . I was a little disappointed that I wasn't able to do the author's interview last week, but the author never got back to me.

I wasn't on Facebook a lot last week, except for the occasional ninja-like drive bys and Castleville breaks. But hey, just so you know, timing is everything. I just happened to be on Facebook when awesome author Samantha Hunter was offering a free book to the first two people to comment on her post with the names of their favourite flowers from their gardens. Guess who the second commenter was? :-)

This week will probably be much the same (well, except for the whole winning a book thing. I think it's probably a safe bet I won't get that lucky again). I've still got about four interviews to transcribe, then I have two batches (about 14 interviews) to proof read and compile into books, the covers to make for the CDs, printing the covers and seven sets of the books (and get them spiral bound). And I have to give my printer a thorough cleaning so it stops leaving dark streaks on the left edges of the page. Oh, guess I'd better buy the paper I need for printing too. :-)

The most time consuming is the transcripts. They take between six and ten hours each to do, but I have to stop every couple of hours or so to rest my hands. I don't know if it's the keyboard of my desktop computer, the damp weather, or just age. But after a few hours of typing my hands start hurting. Not cool!

What’s Up This Week: The schedule is up on the side bar, so I’m just giving the highlights here.

Tuesday On Random Thoughts Part C of my new series, Angels and Devils. On Random Writings I won't exactly be reviewing a book, but you'll just have to check back Tuesday to see what I'm doing.

Wednesday (on Random Writings) Chapter Fifty-seven of Shades of Errol Flynn. I'm thinking Jessica needs to finish up her conversation with Alexandre, but who knows what's really going to happen? On Random Thoughts there’ll be another hump day hunk for your viewing. ;-)

Thursday we have Chapter Twenty-two of Water (on Random Thoughts) where life goes on for Ravi.

Friday I'm still on a Flash Fiction vacation this month on Random Thoughts, and on Random Writings I will probably post more poems from the PAD challenge.

No comments: