Jul 2, 2012

Myrmecophagous Monday

myrmecophagous ~ feeding on ants

I hope all my Canadian friends are having an excellent wrap-up to the holiday weekend. For those of you who are not Canadian - I'm sorry, you have to work today while we get the day off to celebrate Canada day. However, you get Wednesday off and while it's not as good as a long weekend, you gotta admit, having a day off in the middle of the week is pretty awesome too.

Our town celebrates the holiday by holding a three-day festival on the waterfront. I won't bore you with the details, but you can check it out here. My favourite has always been the Fine Art tents, which I managed to visit yesterday afternoon. I had out of town family visit for the weekend, which did not make for a very relaxing weekend, but I get a good chunk of today to relax and trust me, that's what I'll be doing. ;-)

The OTF project is done, except for the printing. I guess I will be stirring my tired butt after all - I still need to clean my printer. Cross your finger for me that cleaning is all it needs to get rid of the dark streaks it leaves along the left hand edge of the pages.

The duplicator we bought online worked good for copying the CDs, but the lightscribe part was a whole different story. It would not do what it was supposed to and neither sweet talking nor threats worked to change its mind. After considerable time spent on the internet researching the problem, I came to the conclusion that pretty much anyone who's ever bought a duplicator with lightscribing capabilities has run into the same problem. A few people have been able to solve the problem, but I, unfortunately, was not. So I had to use my external CD/DVD drive with lightscribe to etch the titles on the CDs one at a time. All 192 of them. *sigh*

As mysteriously as it vanished, the sidebar on Random Writings has reappeared. I still don't know why it was gone in the first place, but it's back and I guess in the end that's all that matters.

For the second week in a row I got all my posts up on time. It made for a couple of late nights, but hey, whatever it takes. Right?

I wasn't on Facebook a lot last week, except for the occasional ninja-like drive bys and Castleville breaks. Kind of a deja vu of the previous week.

This week . . . I'm going to have to make a list of things I want to get done, you know, things I've let slide while I was so focused on the OTF project. One happy side note of all my company over the weekend, I got my office picked up, so I can cross that off my to-do list. And one of the things I came across during the cleaning of said office was the notepad I use for my to do lists. :-)

What’s Up This Week: The schedule is up on the side bar, so I’m just giving the highlights here.

Tuesday On Random Thoughts and Random Writings I am taking a break. Hey, it's summer and I'm entitled! :-P

Wednesday (on Random Writings) Chapter Fifty-eight of Shades of Errol Flynn. So . . . how does Howard really feel about Jessica sharing her secrets with Alexandre? And how will Paran and Thackery feel about it? On Random Thoughts there’ll be a special set of patriot hunks for my Yankie friends. ;-)

Thursday we have Chapter Twenty-three of Water (on Random Thoughts) where life goes on for Ravi.

Friday I'm going to take a holiday here as well. Honestly? I'm not ready to start my Flash fiction yet, and I'm running short on poetry.

No comments: