Aug 6, 2012

Monachise Monday

monachise ~ to cause to become a monk

Last week was insanely hot! This is Canada, for crying out loud. The Great White North. What's going on?

I don't do well in excessive heat - I never have. It makes me physically ill, as well as tired, head-achey, and generally out of sorts. So last week did not impress me, weather-wise. We did get a bit of the rain we were promised, but only enough to make the humidity worse. Except for last night. Last night it cooled down just enough to make it bearable. Let's hope it stays that way for awhile.

I really have to start keeping track of what I do during the week. I know I must have done something, but the specifics elude me. Monday night my writer's group decided that not only are we running 14 simultaneous progressive stories, but we're going to get as many people as possible involved in NaNoWriMo this year. This includes hosting an information session at the library in the fall, and hopefully talking the library into letting us run a write-in or two during November.

I know Tuesday I didn't get a lot done . . . my husband's aunt stopped by and despite the fact that we spent a lot of time at the dining room table on our lap tops, we never seemed to get a lot of writing done. Frankly, I don't know how much more writing the aunt needs to do - her book is already over 300,000 words.

Wednesday was pretty much a write-off. I had a border-line migraine all day and I wasn't even able to get the chapter for Water written for Thursday (it eventually got posted on Friday). I did get a couple of e-mails written, so that's something.

However, this weekend was a really productive weekend (despite the heat). I got three of this week's potential eight posts done on Saturday, and Sunday I got the edits done on a novella. Just one more read through and I can send it back to its author.

Also on the weekend, I got the desktop computer my husband brought home from his office set up. It's old, and slow, and I'm not sure it's going to do what he wants it to, which is rather disappointing. I'm going to see if I can find the discs for Windows 7 so I can just wipe the computer clean and start fresh.

The big excitement for the week was on Saturday when the downstairs toilet blew up. Okay, it didn't exactly blow up, but after flushing it I left the room and went into the kitchen, and I thought I heard a noise like a hose being sprayed. So I went back into the bathroom and there was spraying all right, just not from a hose. Something let go in the tank on the back and water was shooting everywhere. I pulled the cover up and lifted up the float to stop the water, but there was a flood on the floor and every time I let go of the float I'd get another geyser shooting up from it. I had to release it very, very, very slowly to get it to stop. *sigh*

I'm already ahead of the game this week as far as getting posts written, so I'd like to keep on top of things and maybe get some other writing done. My naive vision of sitting outside during the day to work on my writing didn't factor in the heat of the day, but I can still get a fair amount done in my office before it gets too hot. It's amazing how much you can accomplish if you avoid the internet during "working" hours. :-)

Today's a holiday for us Canadians, which means the hubby is home and can help me with the rates list for the new services for my business. Technically it's his business too because he does the recording stuff. I'd like to get the new brochures done today, and maybe design the business cards.

What’s Up This Week: The schedule is up on the side bar, so I’m just giving the highlights here.

Tuesday On Random Thoughts I will be posting installment three of Cheeses of the World. On Random Writings I will be doing a review of the book, Gifts of the Crows.

Wednesday (on Random Writings) Chapter Sixty-three of Shades of Errol Flynn. There's one more surprise for Jessica before she goes to dinner. On Random Thoughts there’ll be a hunk and a hussy for your viewing pleasure. ;-)

Thursday we have Chapter Twenty-eight of Water (on Random Thoughts) where I'm not sure what happens next. :-)

Friday As far as poetry goes for Random Writings I'll once again be doing another re-post of something you might have missed, but I'll be re-writing the post so it'll look like new. Still haven't finished any of those new poems I've been working on. On Random Thoughts we'll see if I'm up for another new flash fiction.

No comments: