Sep 10, 2012

Medusiform Monday

medusiform ~ resembling a jellyfish

One of the things I really like about my new lap top (which I'll probably keep calling my "new" lap top until at least the new year) is that when I boot it up in the morning, I have to ask it before it'll connect to the internet (I do this by pressing the Fn and F12 keys simultaneously). The reason I like this feature is that I have to make a conscious effort to go online. Once I do, of course, I start getting distracted (email, Facebook, Facebook, email, GAMES!) So if I need to focus on what I'm doing, it's so much easier for me to just turn the internet off, rather than to trust myself to ignore that little blue E that tempts me into procrastination.

Weather-wise, last week started out rainy and muggy, but ended with rainy and cooler. I think we got the tail end of one of those hurricanes that have been lurking around the U.S. because Saturday we had a terrific wind storm. And the torrential rain, with the accompanying thunder and lightning, came from the south, which is really unusual for us. Most of our storms come from the north. In any case, Sunday not only did I not have to use the air conditioner, I didn't even turn on the fans. Let's hear it for Fall!

At the time I didn't think I got a lot accomplished last week, but looking back I realize that I actually did. I didn't do my flash piece (just wasn't inspired) but I did do all my other posts, including a poetry post with a new form. Be still my heart. Granted it was a little late getting up there, but still . . .

As well I did my part for three of the fourteen progressive stories my writer's group has going on, edited a story for an anthology, and received back the edits on my own story. It's funny how when the shoe is on the other foot how much it pinches. :-)

Friday morning I did something I haven't done in a very long time. I cleaned out the downstairs bathroom. Now before you go judging me, let me explain. The downstairs bathroom is not a fully functioning bathroom. You can't use the sink because the taps don't work right and the drain pipe is not attached to anything. Also, the tiles are falling into the tub, which is already in rough shape from when we (and by we I mean my husband) tried to re-enamel it himself. Also, we had one of the kitty litter pans in there. So pretty much the only thing that works in there is the toilet, sort of. I'm sure you remember my story about the toilet pretending to be a bidet?

Anyway, I had a couple of writing friends coming over Friday afternoon, and one of them has MS so she can't climb the stairs to the "good" bathroom. So I move the kitty litter into the work room and cleaned up the bathroom so it didn't look like it should be condemned. And just so you know, when I say I haven't cleaned the bathroom recently I mean I haven't dusted the sink and tub area or washed the floors. I do clean out the toilet itself. :-)

I did not get my Goodreads updated last week. Anybody on Facebook sign up for the Goodreads ap on there? I don't know what I did, but it appears that I started a new Goodreads account. It says I've read zero books and I only have a handful of friends. So I guess that's something I'll be investigating before I do any updating.

What’s Up This Week:
The schedule is up on the side bar, so I’m just giving the highlights here.

Tuesday On Random Thoughts I will be posting the eighth installment of Cheeses of the World, Swiss Cheese. On Random Writings I will be doing a review of a book, I'm just not sure at this point which book.

Wednesday (on Random Writings) Chapter Sixty-eight of Shades of Errol Flynn. So, how's Jessica going to get out of this one, or is she? On Random Thoughts there’ll be a hunk and a hussy for your viewing pleasure. ;-)

Thursday we have Chapter Thirty-three of Water (on Random Thoughts) where we see what new twist I can come up with to put off Ravi's breeding. ;-)

Friday I did it once, can I do it again? Come up with a new form for Random Writings? On Random Thoughts we'll see if I'm up for a new flash fiction.

No comments: