Sep 24, 2012

Multivolent Monday

multivolent ~ having several differing opinions; disagreeing

If it's all the same to you, I'd like to pretend that last week never happened. It was a bad week mentally, physically, and writing-wise. Part of it was due to the change in seasons - I always go through these weird spells when the seasons change, and I was happy to learn that I'm not the only one. Misery loves company and all that. :-)

I did have fun the one day doing research on Medieval dungeons . . . and not only did I get a new form of poetry explored with an original example, but I got it posted on time as well. My other posts - cheese and serials - were seriously late.

You may not believe this, but it drives me nuts when I don't get a post up on time. And I don't know why, it's not like there's a law that says my posts must appear at 8 a.m. on the dot. It's more of a self-imposed thing I guess.

Wednesday one of my writing buddies and I spent the day making a three part display showcasing our writer's group for Saturday's book launch, and I spent a considerable amount of time on Friday doing one for the progressive stories, the idea being to encourage the audience at the book launch to write a sentence or two on one or more of the five different genres we had opening lines for. I also got a bunch of bookmarks made to promote our group.

The book launch itself was poorly organized and a little disappointing. I'm not sure how many books the author sold, but I don't think it was many.

The weather is still acting very crazy here. Bright and sunny for the most part but one day it'll be cold and the next warm. A couple of days I've been driven to wearing socks and last night I did something I haven't done since May - I closed the window of my office for the night.

On the organizational front I'm going to try daily lists this week. Last week I half-heartedly made out a couple of master lists of things I need/want to get done, so this week I need to refine those lists and fit them into my schedule. There are things that need to be done on a daily basis, and things on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.

Last week as well I tried another couple of teas out of my sampler from Adagio teas - Yunnan Noir and Yunnan Jig. The first pot I made was a little strong, but the next one I made I used less leaves and I really enjoyed the results. If I took milk and sugar in my tea, I might like the strong ones better, but I got out of the habit years ago and the only tea I like doctored up is Chai tea. Which will be this week's sample. If I remember to go get some milk. :-)

I did not get my Goodreads updated last week. Nor did I investigate why it appears that I have two accounts with them. I think the reason I've been putting it off is because I want to review the books as I update, and that's going to be time consuming because I've read a lot of books since my last update.

What’s Up This Week:
The schedule is up on the side bar, so I’m just giving the highlights here.

Tuesday On Random Thoughts I will be posting the tenth installment of Cheeses of the World, Monterey Jack. There will be a book review on Random Writings this week, a book of poetry I've just finished.

Wednesday (on Random Writings) Chapter Seventy of Shades of Errol Flynn. I'd really like to know how Jessica's friends are going to break her out of the dungeon. No, seriously! Anyone got any ideas? On Random Thoughts there’ll be a hunk and a hussy for your viewing pleasure. ;-)

Thursday we have Chapter Thirty-five of Water (on Random Thoughts). Well the breeding had to happen sooner or later, I wonder how Ravi feels now that it's over? ;-)

Friday On Random Writings I'm going to predict that I will once again have a new poetry form for you. And at this point I foresee no obstacles to prevent me from getting a flash done for Random Thoughts. But you never know what the week may bring. :-)

No comments: