Oct 22, 2012

Mixotrophic Monday

mixotrophic ~ combining different modes of nutrition

Wow. Be still my heart. Not only did I get all my posts done, but I got them all up on time as well. Could this be the end of the world as we know it? ;-)

The sad part is, I don't know what the secret was. Other than a couple of real late nights . . .

The weather's still pretty craptacular, although it's warmer. Frankly, I don't care about the temperature as much I care about the lack of sun. Given the choice, I'd rather it be on the cool side. I have a nice selection of sweaters and I'd really like to be able to wear them!

As well as getting my posts done last week, I also managed to sneak in a little extra writing. One of my accomplishments was a 55 word flash fiction for a contest. It's called Love Eternal and you can read it and then vote for me HERE. And I urge you to read the rest of the stories entered. I read a few of the better ones to my husband and his comment was: "You people are all really sick!"

All this grey weather has been making me really tired and I find I've been getting way too much sleep lately. This leads to either napping or coffee-drinking, neither of which are good for me. And it's also blown my schedule right to hell.

So, starting today I'm going to try and get back on track with my schedule, including getting some exercise every day. It may be raining outside, but that's no longer an excuse. I have a stationary bike, an elliptical whatever, and a rowing machine. Not to mention assorted exercise tapes. I have run out of excuses. Finally.

I was really hoping to get Jessica's story finished before NaNo, but I don't think it's going to happen. And I still haven't decided yet what I'm writing for NaNo. I've narrowed it down to four possibilities. I have an idea for a trilogy written down, and I could write one of those. They take place simultaneously, so it really doesn't matter what order they're written in. And if I finish one of them early, I can just go on to the next one. My other choice is the next book in the Jessica series, which will be called Lucky Dog. I'd still serialize it on my blog afterwards, but at least you know I'd be posting on time. :-)

I went through my poetry and flash fiction and printed a bunch of them off to start making the selection for my anthology. I think the flash fiction will be easier to pick out than the poetry. There's a lot of poetry. *sigh*

Something else I did a week or two ago was to sign up with a Blog Chain on Absolute Write. I haven't done one of these in ages, and it was one of those impulsive things. I'm second from the bottom of the list, but people are posting quickly so my turn may come up this week, for sure next week. So be on the look-out. I only have two days to get my piece posted before I get sent to the bottom of the list in disgrace, so it may disrupt my blog schedule. The post will appear on Random Writings but I'll be sure to announce it on Random Thoughts as well.

What’s Up This Week:
The schedule is up on the side bar, so I’m just giving the highlights here.

Tuesday On Random Thoughts I will be posting the fourteenth installment of Cheeses of the World, Camembert. The book review on Random Writings will be Dreams Underfoot by Charles de Lint.

Wednesday (on Random Writings) Chapter Seventy-four of Shades of Errol Flynn. We'll see how Jessica's jail break is progressing. On Random Thoughts there’ll be a new hunk for your viewing pleasure. ;-)

Thursday we have Chapter Thirty-nine of Water (on Random Thoughts). At this point I'm not sure whether I'll continue the scene from Taja's point of view, or if I'll switch to Ravi's. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Friday I have a new poetry form all picked out for Random Writings and I'm really hoping I get wacked with the inspiration stick again to come up with a flash story Random Thoughts. The problem is, most of my ideas lately have been long ones.

Oh, well. C'est la vie!

No comments: