Feb 4, 2013

Moorlog Monday

moorlog ~ deposit of decayed woody material under a marsh

Last week I mentioned that I was going to do knitting or crocheting or some other craft that would keep my hands busy at night so I couldn't snack. I confess I spent a lot of time looking at patterns and wool and more or less procrastinating until the weekend when I remembered I'd promised my husband a pair of slippers. So Saturday I pulled out my only pair of size 4.5 mm needles (4 mm needles, only the other hand I have five pairs of - probably because I did a lot of knitting projects that called for that size and it was easier to buy a new pair rather than locate them in my craft closet) and some nice, medium weight wool, and got to work.

Can we say OUCH! I know it's been a while since I've picked up a pair of knitting needles, but when did knitting start hurting my hands? Not Saturday, while I was knitting, but yesterday. My hands ached so much it even hurt to type. Hopefully it's just a matter of getting used to it again, I'd hate to think I'd have to try and convert all those Dr. Who patterns I downloaded over the weekend from knitting to crocheting. :-)

The week was a bust as far as getting anything other than my blog posts done. *sigh* But the good news (for me at least) is that I wasn't alone in my deep funk. Everyone I talked to had the same symptoms - extremely tired and lethargic. We couldn't decide if it was some kind of strange flu bug going around or the weather, which had gone from unseasonably warm back to cold again. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what this week brings.

The My Fitness Pal site continues to surprise me with the calorie counts and fat contents of some of the food I enter into it. The fact that according to my bathroom scales I haven't lost any weight has not discouraged me in the least. I've only been working on this for a short time and it just means I have to work harder. ;-)

In light of my lack of . . . well, anything constructive last week, I'd like to talk a bit about a new feature I'm going to add to my Monday posts. If you're a regular reader of my blog(s) you'll know that at the beginning of the year I posted a list of goals. If you're not a regular reader you'll just have to take my word for it. ;-)

In any case, one of those goals was to write at least 500 words every day on something other than blog posts and emails. Starting this week I'm going to keep track of the number of words I write and what I'm writing them on. Then I'm going to start reporting on these words in my Monday posts.

There are two reasons for this. One, I'm curious to see how much actual writing I get done in a week. Is it more than I think? Less? And just what kinds of things am I writing? The other reason is to help motivate me. Hopefully this will be my incentive to stop procrastinating and get writing. If I don't want to get outed for the lazy slacker I really am, I'll have to put my money where my mouth is. Or maybe that should be my writing where my mouth is. :-)

Blog Stuff For the Week:

Tuesday: Part III of my series about the Muses.
Wednesday:
A new Hump Day Hunk for your viewing pleasure.
Thursday: Chapter 52 of Water - strange goings on in the compound, and Taja has an unusual request for Ravi.
Friday: This will be another post that's a by-product of my office re-organization. It will be in regards to my semi hoarding nature when it comes to office supplies. It will also explain why I'm not allowed to go into business supply stores - not even the dollar store - by myself. :-)

No comments: