Mar 25, 2013

Martyrology Monday

martyrology ~ study of martyrs

It's Monday already? *looks around blearily* How did that happen?

Monday of last week I spent with a friend helping her set up a blog. To understand why someone would need help with something so simple you'd have to understand something about the town I live in - it's filled with computer illiterate people. ;-)

Then Tuesday I helped another friend set up her new lap top. And then a new router because no one could remember the password for her old one.

The rest of the week was spent editing and . . . um . . . you got me - I have no idea where my time went last week. I did get my new story done for the Absolute Write Blog Chain. I won't bother with a link - if you want to have a boo at it then just scroll down a bit. And while you're down there, read the other stories in the chain. They're pretty awesome.

Craft-wise . . . I got no crafting in last week. Not even so much as a row done on my sweater.

My big accomplishments on the weekend were making two batches of soup - Pepperpot Soup for my lunch this week and a Summer Harvest Soup for the freezer. I also made a batch of banana/coconut muffins that are really yummy, if I do say so myself. I ended up making so many substitutions that it's practically a whole new recipe.


Blog Stuff For the Week:

Tuesday: The conclusion of my series about the Muses.
Wednesday:
A new Hump Day Hunk for your viewing pleasure.
Thursday: Chapter 59 of Water - let's see what I can come up with this week to "interrupt" Ravi and Taja.;-)
Friday: The conclusion of Kids Will Be Kids.


Other Stuff For the Week

This is a short week because of Good Friday, but there's lots to do, starting with a poetry group meeting on Tuesday and a writer's group meeting on Wednesday.

Lots of finishing touches to the editing I've been doing lately so I can get the projects sent back to their respective authors. I'm always sad when this happens because it always leaves me without an excuse to avoid my own writing/editing. ;-)

April is almost upon us, and as some of you may know, April is National Poetry month. So in celebration of this I want to get back to writing some poetry. Specifically, poetry to be featured in a poetry book I'd like to have ready for my reading in June. If it's going to happen, I'd better start writing. And quickly.

Something else I've been neglecting is the edits on Magical Misfire. I really have no good excuse for this. It's been finished since mid-November and it should have been released by now. Bad author!

But when I'm not doing any of the above, this week is about . . .

**cue doomsday music**

TAXES

Does anyone else hate doing taxes as much as I do? I highly doubt it. And I don't know why I hate it so much . . . I use a computerized tax program and it does all the work, I just have to plug in the numbers in the right places. I just live in fear that I've made some horrendous mistake and Canada Revenue is going to send the Mounties after me or something. I wonder how the WiFi is in tax prison? :-)

No comments: