Feb 3, 2014

Macrography Monday

macrography ~ viewing an object with the naked eye

Did you notice?? Last week I got all my posts up on time for a change. LOL

I watched Flowers in the Attic on the weekend, which is based on a V.C. Andrews book. I have a niece who's an Andrews fan, and when I stumbled across a whole collection of V.C. Andrews books on the free cart at our local library, I snagged them for her. The movie was really interesting, in a creepy kind of way, and now I'm sorry I passed the books on without reading them first. :-)

My motivation and ambition are apparently still on their road trip, and I believe they've been joined by my energy. I was sadly lacking in all three last week.

Unfortunately, what I was not lacking in were headaches. I had a couple of real doozies last week that kept me from doing a lot of things I'd planned on. So I have to say last week was pretty unproductive.

The headaches may, in part, have been due to weather, which was up and down like a yoyo. We started out with sub-zero temperatures and lots of wind, then it warmed up enough on Friday to make things slushy, then again on Saturday. Sunday, of course, the temperature dropped again and it's supposed to stay really cold all week.

On the weekend I had a list of ten things I wanted to accomplish, and only ticked off two of them. *sigh* Need I remind you what the road to Hell is paved with? That's right. All together now . . . Good intentions.

Blog Stuff
Wednesday: It's a surprise . . . for both you and me! ;-)
Thursday: Chapter nine of my new draft serial, Earth - book IV of the Ardraci Elementals. I wonder how many chapters I have to write before it's no longer new?
Friday: What I'm reading.

Other Stuff
I was invited to join a crochet group on Facebook, so one of the things I'll be doing this week is learning how to do the "moss stitch" so I can participate in their challenge to crochet a basket this month. I'm going to start with the little one to put the loose stuff on my dresser into, and if it works out well I'd like to try one cat sized to make a cat bed.

I was able to get a few rows done on the catghan last week. It's getting closer. I might, just might, mind you, get the main part of the afghan finished this week and all I'll have left is the border. It will depend on how much good TV viewing there is. ;-)

And once again I'll be continuing with the edits/rewrites of Water. And there's every chance my super secret Valentine's project will be done on time. If not, I guess I'll just have to use it next year, and focus on getting my Saint Patrick's Day project done instead. :-)

No comments: