Mar 7, 2014

What I'm Reading




Remember how last week I said it was feast or famine with me? Well Monday was certainly a feast day.

Once again I was idly checking out the books in the bookcase in the guest room and I came across an old favourite, Merlin's Keep by Madeleine Brent. I read a couple of chapters on the weekend, and then Monday I plunked myself down in my chair and didn't stop reading until it was done. It's one of those books that's hard to categorize - part historical, part adventure . . . with a dash of romance and a hint of the occult.

Electronic Books

Read another chapter of The Cobweb Bride by Vera Nazarian, which is not as much as I would have liked, but it's better than nothing.

I have not yet returned to Mr. Love by Sally Mason - maybe this week.

I had some time on my hands while I was waiting for my daughter who was on a job interview, so I read an erotic short story on my Kindle that I can't remember the name of and promptly lost when I went out of it. *sigh* And then I started reading Dark Love by Claudy Conn. It's free on Amazon right now if you want to check it out yourself.

Tree Books

It was out of sight, out of mind as far as The Mammoth Book of Time Travel Romance - Twenty Stories of Timeless True Love went. I was reading it at lunch one day and left it on the table, and then it got gathered up with some other stuff and I forgot all about it.

The same can't be said for Hunting the Corrigan's Blood by Holly Lisle. This one I just never got back to for some reason.

Re-Reads

I'm over halfway through Sword and Sorceress III and thoroughly enjoying it. Every story so far has been a winner, which you don't usually find in an anthology.

Shameless Plugs

Be sure to check out this new release from my friend Jamie DeBree, Jasmine Betrayal, part of her BeauTEAful Summer series.



Genevieve Morano owes just fifty dollars to the leinholder of the diner her father left her. It seems like a paltry amount, but when a strange northerner shows up late one night, she realizes the situation is much more complex, and she'll have to rely on the handsome yet secretive stranger if she wants to survive.

Max Westlake owes Pete Morano, and the only way he can pay it off after Pete's death is to protect Pete's daughter from the man hell-bent on taking her inheritance away. But when she finds out why he's working so hard to help her, the betrayal might just be too much for her to forgive...

It's got action, it's got suspense, it's got sizzling romance. What more could you ask for? Get your copy today!

No comments: