Sep 8, 2014

Mistigris Monday

mistigris ~ variation of poker where blank card can have any value

I don't know why Mondays seem to take me by surprise. I mean, it's not like they jump around or anything, they take place at the same time every week. Nevertheless, I'm sitting here at 1:30 a.m. on Sunday night, trying to get my post written, and I'm having a hard time remembering what all I did last week. Out of sight out of mind.

I remember it was insanely hot and humid, with a lot of overcast days, until Friday. Friday it rained and blessedly lowered the temperature, and the humidity. Normally I keep a journal, and then I can just refer back to it when I'm writing a letter or doing a blog post, but for some reason I didn't last week. Apparently I was in a bit of a funk or something. :-)

Here's where I was going to do a nice segue into being excited for the fall season on television, especially after weeks of endless repeats and really bad movies - Ghost Shark, Piranha DD, Abraham Lincoln versus Zombies (which was actually better than Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter). However, most of the shows I can't wait to see aren't starting until later this month or later.

Out of curiosity, I did a Google search (what did we ever do before Google?) and pretty much the only site that has the fall premiere schedule is TV Guide. Unfortunately, my cable company is in Canada and the TV Guide only shows the network listings: FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS . . .

While I did see with relief the return of shows like Grimm, Castle, Bones, Once Upon A Time, and Sleepy Hollow, the lineup didn't include shows from the channels I do a lot of my viewing on, namely Showcase and Space. Half the time I forget about the shows I like on Showcase in between seasons until they return. Shows like Haven, Covert Affairs, Lost Girl, and Justified. So it's going to be a bit of a crap shoot as to how my evenings are going to go.

I already know I'm going to have a conflict on Tuesday nights - The Flash is going to be on opposite NCIS. And NCIS Los Angeles has been moved to Monday nights opposite Castle. What network genius thought up that one? Obviously someone who doesn't like NCIS LA.

Guess it's time to call Cogeco to arrange for a PVR

And now, because I know you're dying to see it, here's the trailer for Abraham Lincoln versus Zombies. You can thank me later. :-D