Sep 26, 2014

What I'm Reading




Once again it was pretty slim pickings on the reading front last week. I had a bunch of stuff that took me away from home which made it a little hard to squeeze some reading time in. But I did manage to buy a couple of books from a thrift store. ;-)

Electronic Books

I had every intention of paying some attention to George last week, I even had the opportunity. However, what I didn't have was any juice in his battery. But never fear! His battery is all charged up now and next week is a new week.

Tree Books

I haven't made much progress in Eyes Like Leaves, by Charles de Lint. Don't for a minute think I've lost interest in it, the truth is I just didn't have time.

One of the books I bought at the thrift store was The Anthology of Love and Romance, edited by Kate Alexander. It happened to be in the car when the battery in my Kindle died, so naturally I started reading it. It was published in 1994 and has some really, really, old stories.

This book has love stories by such names as Rudyard Kipling, O Henry, Charlotte Bronte, and Georgette Heyer. Like I said, old stories. ;-)

I'm actually finding it pretty interesting. Don't judge. :-P

Re-Reads

I'm plugging away with Swords Against Darkness V, edited by Andrew Offutt, but it's been slow going. Once again, lack of time is the culprit here.

And that's pretty much it for the reading last week. I honestly don't know if next week will be any better, but one can only hope. ;-)

No comments: