Nov 12, 2014

Of Lack of Ideas and Having Fun . . .

So here I sit, trying to come up with a topic for today's Wildcard post . . .

I had a great idea last night as I was falling asleep, but of course I didn't wake up enough to write it down and all I remember about it was it was something to do with time. Something really witty, I'm sure. :-)

And then I was thinking of posting something witty - you know, give everyone a much needed hump day laugh. But honestly? I'm not feeling in a very witty mood these days. So then I thought maybe I should post about that - being clinically depressed or suffering from SAD (season affective disorder) is bad enough, but having both at the same time is . . . difficult.

But while I'm sure I could write a nice long blog about the signs of depression and what you can do to combat them, that would be . . . well, depressing. So where does that leave us? With a quiz! LOL

Oh, c'mon. It's been a long time since I've posted a quiz or two.

Hey! It's either that or the long whiny post about being depressed. Your choice.

That's what I thought. ;-)


First we have a quiz that asks Deep Down, Who Are You?

You Are a Poet
You are sensitive and expressive. You feel very deeply, and the smallest things in this world can move you.
You may feel misunderstood by the world at times, so you make sure to understand yourself well at least. You are very reflective.

You are a wordsmith, and you know how to get your thoughts out on paper. You are very eloquent and even witty.
For you, the written word is very cathartic. You always feel better after writing or even just reading a bit.



Next we have one that asks What Kind of Healthy Are You?

You Are Physically Healthy
You treat your body well, and you do your best to make sure you are a top performance. You take your physical health seriously.
It's likely that you know as much about exercise as a personal trainer and as much about eating well as a nutritionist.

You always feel better when you know you're taking care of yourself. You like to be empowered and proactive.
You know that you can't control your health completely, but you do what you can to make sure you're as healthy as possible.



And finally ('cause as much fun as I'm having doing this, I still have a pile of writing to do today) we have What Kind of Intelligence Do You Have?

Your Dominant Intelligence is Linguistic Intelligence
You are excellent with words and language. You explain yourself well.
An elegant speaker, you can converse well with anyone on the fly.
You are also good at remembering information and convincing someone of your point of view.
A master of creative phrasing and unique words, you enjoy expanding your vocabulary.

You would make a fantastic poet, journalist, writer, teacher, lawyer, politician, or translator.



Now admit it, didn't you have fun? If you want to share the fun, you can always tell us your results from any or all of the quizzes in the comments. Go ahead, it won't hurt a bit. :-D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol, a major depressive episode and SAD at the same time are hard to deal with. I get SAD in the summertime so mine is moving away and I am in the time of the year where I thrive. Yes, I am one of the oddballs but I do understand the pain of a depressive episode layered with SAD. I am so sorry.

As for the quizzes...I am a poet too, I am spiritually healthy, although at times I would question that, and I have linguistic intelligence. I guess we have a few things in common. Hugs, Ardee-ann

C R Ward said...

Thanks Ardee-ann!

Somehow I'm not surprised that we have a lot of things in common! :-D