Feb 6, 2015

What I'm Reading




Sad to say, but I haven't got a lot of reading in lately. I've been busy doing other things, like editing and crocheting.

Electronic Books

I haven't given up on my electronic reading, honest! Though I haven't made it to the treadmill or exercise bike yet, for added incentive I was given a copy of Flame and Stone, Book One of the Dunning Manor series by Jamie DeBree. You can find out more about it in last week's post. But George is all charged up and ready to go and I can't wait to re-read it!

Tree Books

I'm a little further along in Horns, by Joe Hill. I don't know that I particularly like this book, but I paid full price for it and I'm curious to find out how Ig ended up with the horns. Those two things are just enough motivation to keep me going. Ig has discovered a couple of new abilities, and for some reason snakes are really attracted to him. So there's some interesting stuff going on. And it seems like his ex-friend Lee has a couple of abilities of his own, which make him impervious to Ig's influence.

A friend of mine passed along a copy of The Minister's Daughter by Julie Hearn. I haven't got very far in it but it appears to be part historical, set in the time of the Salem witch trials, and part fantasy. Should be an interesting read.

Re-Reads

The reading is going slowly on The Fantastic Imagination II. This is not a book of light reading, this is high fantasy at its best and needs to be savoured.

So like I said, the reading has been a little on the light side lately. But the weather's been very wintery lately, cold and snowy and perfect for reading. So hopefully I'll be able to pick up the pace in the week ahead.

And also in the week ahead I'm hoping to update my Goodreads. I really need to do this before it gets ahead of me like it did last year.

So . . . what about you? Read any good books lately?

No comments: