Mar 23, 2015

Maundy Monday

maundy ~ custom of sovereign washing feet of poor or giving alms

Woo hoo! It's Spring! Can you believe it? Or were you like me and thought spring would never get here?

I was writing a letter to my sister on the weekend, telling her about how the snow was receding a little more every day, and then Sunday morning I woke up to about two inches of snow coating everything. But despite the fact it was super cold yesterday, the new snow was pretty much gone by sunset.

It kind of makes you wonder what kind of drugs the weather is on though. The temperature has been above zero for a week, and then all of a sudden it plummets and we get snow. The long range forecast has the temperature going up and down like a Mexican jumping bean. It's only March, and I remember past snow storms in early April.

Of course any time I get discouraged about the amount of snow left over, I just have to remind myself that it could be worse, I could be living in the Maritimes, like my sister. They celebrated the first day of spring with another blizzard. Check it out HERE.

In case you missed it, I posted a flash story to celebrate St. Patrick's Day on my other blog. It's a flash piece I wrote a couple of years ago, but I thought it would be fun to drag it out of the mothballs.

I spent most of last week working on the second draft of Lucky Dog and although I got off to a slow start, I've got 18 chapters under my belt. I don't know how many words I deleted, but I've added about 1500 to the document, which was already too long. I'm crossing my fingers I'll find some words to trim later on.

Eighteen chapters down, only thirty-seven to go. :-D

You can check for a more detailed report on my writing progress in a couple of days on My Writing Journal. My goal is to post there at least once a week. Twice would be even better, but let's not get too crazy.

You know, I always think I should come up with something pithy and really interesting for these Monday posts, but when I sit down to actually write them, my mind kind of goes blank. Don't you hate when that happens? Or maybe it's just me.

These posts kind of read like I'm writing a letter - in fact I've been known to refer to my Monday posts when writing a letter or email, mostly because my memory is so bad and I can never remember what's been going on.

Surely I've got to have something more interesting to talk about than the weather and what I've been baking this week. Or maybe not.

Maybe I just need to get out more. ;-)

No comments: