Jun 29, 2015

Morbilliform Monday

morbilliform ~ like or resembling measles

Well the big news last week was the ruling of the Supreme Court in the U.S. that same sex marriage is legal in every state now. A whole garden of rainbows sprang up over Facebook with people showing their support.

I don't normally mention stuff that's in the news but aside from the fact it's refreshing to see a legal system doing the right thing for a change, I really got a chuckle out of the reaction of those who weren't please by the court's decision. You know, all those people who threatened to move to Canada over this.

As a Canadian, I'd like to say two things. First, we don't want you. We're an easy going bunch and we need neither you nor your vitriol opinions messing with our peace and quiet. And second, duh! Where do you think all those gay Americans have been going to get legally married? That's right. Canada. Same sex marriages have been legal in Canada for years now, and we're okay with that. So go invade some other unsuspecting country ... if they'll have you.

June is almost over and it was cold enough on the weekend that I wore socks to bed. The hubby's got the pool uncovered and almost clean, but I shudder to think what the temperature of the water is. And have I mentioned the excessive amount of rain we've been getting? The animals are starting to line up two by two.

So ... Saturday night we ended up watching not one, but two really bad movies. With the popularity of Sharknado, with Ian Ziering, there's been a rash of bad movies starring one or two former celebrities to attract notice. Sharknado was awesome in its cheesiness, the movies we watched ... were not.

Earth vs. Volcano starred Dean Cain, who really should have known better. He played a passenger on an airplane who ends up taking over when both the pilot and co-pilot are killed as they're trying to navigate through a ring of volcanoes that appeared out of nowhere. ***Spoiler alert*** He dies in the end, taking what's left of his career with him.

Asteroid vs. Earth was even worse. This one featured Tia Carrere, you know, from Relic Hunter? She's kind of shanghaied into helping with the plan to move the planet Earth out of the way of an approaching asteroid. Honestly? She should have stuck to hunting relics. Two hours for each movie; four hours of my life I'll never get back.

In case you missed it, I did my fourth blog post in a row on my writing blog. This is getting to be a habit! It was kind of funny, really. I had intended to make notes on some of the books I've read recently so I could update my Goodreads bookshelf, but I ended up writing the blog post instead.

This week should be interesting, what with two holidays and all. We have Canada Day on Wednesday and the American Independence Day on Saturday. Altogether now, hold up your flags!

1 comment:

Unknown said...




Free ebooks i have read it and it was very good.
Read it now before it deleted
http://freedigitalstuff.com/?l=free_ebooks_gifts