Feb 12, 2018

Miserable Monday

miserable ~ manifesting misery; worthy of pity

Today’s post called on account of Super Mega Death Cold From Hell.

Normally when I have a cold it’s a sinus cold - runny nose, maybe an ear ache, that’s it. Not so with the Death Cold. This time I have head & sinus congestion, coughing, sneezing, watery eyes, fever, chills, aches, loss of energy, loss of appetite. . . . I’m now entering week three of the Death Cold, hopefully the final week (everyone else in my neck of the woods who’ve had it says it only lasts for 2 or 3 weeks).

I did improve somewhat over the weekend - it helped being able to stay in and just relax - but late Saturday I got to add a sore back to the mix. It woke me up early on Sunday morning and I had to break out my trusty heating pad.

Today the back is still a concern (probably from the coughing), the cough has gone from a dry, nagging cough to a deep chested seal bark, and I still have a sinus thing going on. But at least I no longer have to stuff tissue up my nose to keep it from dripping all over.

So knock wood, hopefully I’m on the mend.

No comments: